Start of a new feature here at The Confluence Countdown, one that gets to part of our mission: Be a source for readers on Ashtanga and yoga news. We find the news, so you don’t have to.
We’ll try to cut the wheat from the chafe and bring you only the more interesting pieces. Stories in “mainstream” media or that would seem to have a wider audience get preference. Here we go…
- From a Houston, Texas TV station, photos of a yoga competition. It was the eighth annual Texas Yoga Asana Championship. (As opposed, I guess, to a Yoga Championship, which might be harder to judge. “He looks like he’s closest to samadhi!”)
- Dahn Yoga & Health Centers partners with the Greater Boston Food Bank. Karma Yoga at work.
- Yoga can relieve postmenopausal insomnia. More of a story about a story, but still… sleep well.
- Yoga being used to help students in York. Yes, the U.K.’s York.
- South African columnist notes the Vatican’s opposition to yoga.
That seems to be the top news for today.
Posted by Steve