A straight-up news post.
First, Eddie Stern is featured this week on the Going Off Track podcast. What’s that? Here’s your answer:
Each week, your disarmingly charming hosts chat with musicians, celebs, industry insiders, whoever, allowing the conversation to derail wherever it takes them.
And here’s how it describes the derailed conversation with Eddie:
Eddie Stern is a yoga rockstar who has operated Ashtanga Yoga New York in the Lower East side for nearly 20 years. He is also a lifelong New Yorker and on this episode of Going Off Track he describes the way the city has changed in terms of everything from rents to the Ramones, how to tap into your creative impulses and what it was like studying with his guru Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in India. Eddie also talks about his latest passion Urban Yogis and how bringing yoga and meditation into schools can affect students’ lives in tangible ways. Inspiring all around.
It’s just over an hour long.
You can begin practicing Ashtanga with Richard today as several classes have been added to YogaGlo:
- Reaching to Infinity – Basic, but elusive, scapula rotation allows integrated arm and breath movement.
- Deconstructing Sun Salutations – A step by step deconstruction of the forms used in Sun Salutations. This allows one to adapt the postures and movements to avoid discomfort and to reap the full benefit of this rhythmic practice.
- The Foundation of Alignment – Prana governs inhaling. Apana governs exhaling. This class explores how these two primary patterns of Internal Shakti are the foundation of alignment and how they need and love each other.
- Pattnerns & Principles of Pranayama – After finding a correct sitting posture, we will explore core principles and patterns of this basic pranayama.
- Training the Pelvic Floor – Training the pelvic floor to remain integrated keeps the spreading cobra pattern at the back of the diaphragm. This prevents compression and improper hyper-extension of the spine in full back bends.
- Optimal Positioning in Shoulder Stands & Plough Poses – This class explores the optimal positioning and action used in Shoulder Stands, Plough Poses and the closely related Jalandhara Bandha.
You might remember YogaGlo has been caught up in an online patent issue.
Posted by Steve