Monday of this week, things got started in earnest at the new location for Ashtanga Yoga New York, even as classes continue at the new Brooklyn location, Brooklyn Yoga Club.
All the info is at the AYNY site:
In Manhattan: 25 First Avenue, between 1st and 2nd st on the second floor of the Bhakti Center.
- Monday thru Friday, 6am till 11am.
- Weekend classes will only be held in Brooklyn.
- Please click here to register for your time slot. Class payments will only be accepted through the registration portal, and not at the class location.
- For the next month the only two payment options are $200 for unlimited classes, and $20 for a single class. After November when the main room in Brooklyn opens up, we will add all of the other class packages.
In Brooklyn: 206 Vanderbilt Avenue, at the corner of Willoughby (next to the French Baptist Church).
- Please click here to be directed to the registration page.
- Classes begin at 6am, and close at 11am.
- Saturday and Sunday from 8am till 11am.
- No led classes until November.
- Payment plans are the same as Manhattan.
A key feature is that you can practice at both locations; sounds like they are streamlining that process still, but that is certainly a convenience that I assume will be welcomed.
Posted by Steve
Get your fixie out.
Eddie Stern has the schedule up for the Brooklyn Yoga Club. Click through here to check out the listing — small classes — for September. If you investigate a bit, you’ll see it is set up for the new studio in Manhattan when it opens Sept. 21. Here’s the most important facts:
When a class is filled it, you’ll be prompted to sign up for a class a half hour earlier or later. We also will have two price options only for this month: $200 for as many classes as you like, and $20 for a drop in.
A thing that jumps out at me: Eddie isn’t using mindbodyonline, which seems to have totally locked up the yoga scheduling programs online. Nothing wrong with breaking that stranglehold.
Posted by Steve
As we’ve happily reported, Ashtanga Yoga New York — and the Broome St. Temple — aren’t moving any time soon — at least until fall. But AYNY is branching out:
Rumor has it, we are moving to Brooklyn… well, the rumor happens to be true. We’ll be opening a small school in Clinton Hill, to be called the Brooklyn Yoga Club: ground floor yoga and meditation rooms, 1st floor library, coffee/tea/juice and light food service, communal tables and a 1,000 sq ft outdoor deck. Our new address is 206 Vanderbilt Ave., and we should be open in late summer. Manhattanites, have no fear, we’ll still keep our school in the city even after Broome St. closes on September 30th. However, the Yoga Club is just one stop into Brooklyn on the B, Q and R trains (well, 2 stops on the R). And then a short walk. The walk will be worth it for the steam room we’re putting in.
I hear there is a Yoga for Fixies class coming, based on some of the SUP Yoga principles.
I kid. But now that I think about it, I’m going to start working on a trademark for that.
Posted by Steve